Sunday, October 19, 2014

Do you carry an adhesive bandage with you?

As a parent of eight children, most of which are still in the daredevil stage of "they will climb up onto everything and jump down into everything" how often do you find yourself needing a simple sterile adhesive bandage? I know my kids and looking at them, you will find some scrape, cut, bruise, or other little sign of childhood somewhere on their, knees, face, elbows, arms or wherever they got dinged. I have bought band-aids by the 100 count box for a couple of years now and we never have them long enough to expire. Kids need them...often.
However, from time to time, I need one. I get paper cuts or just walking around I bump into things, and occasionally I bleed. It would be nice if that never happened but I am not walking around in a canvas full body bubble suit  to prevent every thing. And usually it is just a little thing.
Some time ago, I started carrying a couple of band-aids in my wallet. They are small enough to fit in there and as there is only two it doesn't take up much room. I swap them out for fresh ones if I don't end up needing them. I have even recently thought about keeping an alcohol wipe in it too as often the things I do that cause me damage, are not ones that find my skin to be very clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment